17.06.2011

Cafe Fish Review - Edinburgh

Three days ago I graduated (post coming soon) and I had the most brilliant day.  A few weeks ago my dad, an avid tripadvisor reader had asked me to make reservations at a restaurant called 'Cafe Fish', and judging by his rare appearances in Scotland, I must admit I had doubted this place.


Interior: Metallic with the occasional church pew and grand mirror

 View of Entrance from our Table
 A Glass of Bollinger to Celebrate the big day !
 Queenie Scallops in a Pernod Butter

 Dad's Grilled Sardines with Salsa Verde
 Sole Rolls
 Hazelnut Cheesecake Dessert
Coffee, Grand Marnier & Ice Cream
Such a Cute Logo Sign
Me with a Bellini in a nearby bar


I came here with my parents for a little post-graduation celebration. They had been raving about needing to eat fish as it's not something we get to experience often in land-locked Switzerland.

The service here was brilliant from the beginning. This modern fish restaurant is run by a Scottish family (We met the lovely mum & son). You can clearly tell that everyone that works here is passionate about food as they were very knowledgeable about describing the dishes, what was in sea-food season and recommending something to suit each of our tastes. To start, I had queenie scallops in a pernod butter, and I was blown away. Usually I am not the greatest fan of scallops due to their meaty-ness (the last ones I had in New Orleans were about the size of my fist) but these were small and even creamy, it was my favourite dish out of my entire trip to Edinburgh.

I then had the sole wrapped around fresh spinach leaves for my main which was light and succulent and went beautifully with (I think it was a pea) mash sprinkled with hand crafted chorizo and potato cubes. For dessert we had hazelnut cheesecake and a coffee-ice-cream-creation. All in all our food was presented in an amazing manner which matched the modern style & cool ambience of the restaurant- it's the right place to get seafood for real good value. Later we ambled around Leith shore and peeked into the windows of restaurants and bars before popping into the Granary for a Bellini night-cap.


P.S The area leading up to the restaurant was a little misleading but have no fear, they are moving closer to the city, to Stockbridge to cater to their growing crowd.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen